“York portrait photography, what could be a more idyllic location for beautiful family portraits. I strive to show, through my images not only a picture of someone but also to show something of my subjects personality. Whether they are a newborn a child, family group or anyone looking for a creative portrait. I try to bring out the inner personality of that person or group of people. I am looking to produce images that are not only portraits of people on the outside but also say something about who they really are. On top of this I am looking to create eye catching images that look fantastic around your home. In and around York portrait photography can be done In a relaxed informal way, with stunning surroundings. Capturing you and your family together and separately.”
To see how I have helped other families and for more information, take a look at my main portraitphotography page.
Take a look at my Portrait Photography Gallery for more examples of my work.
Central York portrait photography studio
My York portrait photography studio is easy to get to. Based on Micklegate within the beautiful medieval walls of York. Parking available on the street right outside the studio. It is situated above Dannie Lea hair and beauty – click here for directions
Location Family & individual York Portrait Photography
Most of my family portraits are taken out on location. Creating relaxed, informal portraits either in your own homes and gardens or out and about in one of Yorkshires many beautiful locations. Travel within a 30 mile radius of York is included but I do travel all over the country and abroad with my work so please get in touch to discuss further travel options. To find out more about packages, prices and special offers for York portrait photography please click here.
We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Yorkshire itself has many beautiful cities, towns and country locations in places like York, Harrogate, Leeds, Knaresborough, Thirsk, otley etc. Make the most of where we live and enjoy a day out capturing you and your family in all of Yorkshires splendour.
Here is a list of beautiful and popular places I do a lot of my York portrait portrait sessions in and around York to give you some inspiration.
York Portrait Photography Locations
- Museum Gardens – It does not get any more York portrait photography then this! Fantastic central York location with the remains of a medieval abbey which adds stunning structure for group shots etc. It also boasts an edible garden, storybook tree and wonderful city river walk. All great for wonderful family portrait photography. This portrait photography location is fantastic any time of the year.
- Rowntree Park – This beautiful park, sitting along the river is great for York portrait photography. It has some lovely features to make your photographs very special. With fountains, ponds, weeping willows, bridges etc it makes a great portrait location photography spot. After your shoot you can enjoy a lovely cup of tea and coffee in the library cafe. I can recommend the cake!
- Homestead Park – I love this park, in fact it is one of my favourite places for York portrait photography. The gardens themselves are simply stunning and make a fantastic back drop in spring, summer or autumn with fabulous colours offering a stunning backdrop! Especially in spring and Autumn.
- Millennium Bridge – this wonderful feature of York a short walk from the city centre along the river offers families and couples a great opportunity for strong contemporary images. Very York for those in the know it works especially well for pre wedding or engagement shoots. It does not matter what time of year it is at this York Portrait photography hot spot.
- York Minster – well, it really does not get any more York location portrait photography then this! A stunning backdrop with lots of very recognisable features putting your portraits firmly in the York location! Again, great anytime of the year although perhaps a little quieter in the winter.
- Knavesmire – A great York portrait photography location with plenty of space for the whole family and the dog! Why not bring a bat and ball or a kite for some fantastic fun family portraits. Great location for the summer.